Parakrama Home for Boys (1954), Ragama
  Colombo , Sri Lanka
 
Home About Us Donations Alms Givings & Treats Admission Contact Us Gallery
 

 

::Parakrama Home for Boys (1954)::

 

 


Parakrama Home was built on a large extent of land donated by Sir Ernest and Lady Evadne de Silva.
50 boys between the ages of 5-16 live in this Home and attend nearby state run schools. These children come to us either because they are orphans or because their parents are destitute and are unable to look after them.

The local community assists us by providing money, meals and dry rations. A caring benefactor  Mr. Bob Kundanmal, helps us look after our children's educational needs. International Children's Aid, Australia sponsors two of our children.

 



 

We encourage the children to take part in various extra curricular activities and give them a basic training in computer skills. A recreation Hall was built on the premises and donated in July 2005 by the Saramanda Association, Switzerland.

Our great concern is to ensure that the boys embark on a satisfactory career before they leave the care of the Home. Our aim is to ensure that the boys are equipped for a suitable livelihood and grow up to be responsible citizens.

 
All contents © copyright 2006 Mallika Nivasa Samithiya (Society) Ltd. All rights reserved
Designed and developed by Efutures